BIRMINGHAM AND SURROUNDING COUNTIES FORUM
July 16, 2018, 01:09:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Poetry D Jour by Beryl McMullen coming December, 2010

Notice: The forum is being looked after by Garden Gerald, Nick and Townie.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Music  (Read 616 times)
Hattie

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2018, 12:22:34 AM »

What music do you like? I'm into all music to be honest I prefer the radio to the TV.
townie
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 12:41:55 PM »

I love Reggae music + Late 60s early 70S and early 80s Pop
GardenGerald
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 03:15:21 PM »

Hello Hattie
I like the music we had in the fifties and sixties, when the music world changed. Some good music since then but a bit more selective.
Good stuff to loosen up the joints.
Went to a few dance classes but felt awkward when the teacher kept telling me to push my bottom in and make full contact
with the girl.
With Rock and Roll plus Jive just did what we wanted to and enjoyed it all.
We are very lucky to have been young people moving into that age from old style music. I well remember the Wind Up gramophone we had
with a picture of a dog on it.
Come on lets get Moovin and a Groovin again.. If only the bone joints would allow.
Shall we go Down Town.
Rock On
Gerald
Twm Sion

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 05:31:46 PM »

Hello Hattie, I have a wide taste in music. Heavy Rock, Punk, 60's and 70's music to a bit of classical. I think were so lucking to have the internet. I can listen to all types of music by just searching for it. Gone are the days when I would think back about a song, but never hear it.

The other night sitting listening to music on the ipad, I went from Barry White (The trouble with me), Abba (Dancing queen), Golden Earing (Radar love) Social Distortion (Nickles and Dimes) to Widor (Toccata) and a few others. I prefer Music to telly, and enjoy radio. I tend to listen to LBC speech radio mainly with a bit of Radio 4 and Radio 2

Twm Sion

RonD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 12:28:56 PM »

Hello Hattie,

Just like GG I still like to listen to the Rock n Roll of the late 1950s and the 1960s. The Everley Brothers, Fleetwood Mac and Duane Eddy were favourites and still are.
Much to my wife's disgust, I have always had a soft spot for Modern Jazz and Country Blues.

Internet has certainly been instrumental (if you will pardon the pun) in discovering all sorts of music that perhaps I wouldn't normally listen to. I recently found Alison Balsom, a beautiful classical trumpet player

I inherited a love of lighter classical music from my dad and go to as many concerts as I can afford. It usually means a drive to London.

Ron
Edifi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 07:18:03 PM »

Hello all just found a lovely piece of music on You Tube with Ed Sherrinand the Italian tenor, and then Autumn Leaves by the Italian ,his name as slipped my mind at the moment it's my age
Edifi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 09:54:02 AM »

Just remembered his name Andrea Boccelli
GardenGerald
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 05:11:05 PM »

Hello
Anyone ever play in a group or sing.
At one time all of us wanted to be Pop Stars.
Lets hear from you, its free to join and can be a lot
of fun, plus we learn from each other.
Gerald
Forum Owner
Twm Sion

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 05:50:08 PM »

Just remembered his name Andrea Boccelli

Edifi, I've got a CD with Andrea and Bryn Terfel, the track of the Pearl Fishers is incredible.
Twm Sion

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 06:08:44 PM »

Never played in a group, but sung in a choir (The London Hospitals Choir).

When I was about 15 I wanted to be in a Rock Band. i dreamt of gong to London and being on the Rock Scene. I bought my first guitar from a man with a junk shop near yardley cemetery. The shop was just down Stockfield Rd, on the left going towards the Speedwell. I bought a new Acoustic guitar for 17 and that included the vinyl case. I never really got a tune out of it and as time went on I got quite proficient with the 'Air Guitar'. Anyway, London clearly wasn't ready for someone like me  Grin so I got a job in a garage as an apprentice mechanic, and did another sort of tuning......         
Hattie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 08:56:25 PM »

I was in a choir too, I find singing really joyful.
 I had an echo for Christmas and can listen to thousands upon thousands of different songs/music the only trouble is I don't always know the title or the artist so end up looking it up on the iPad 😂
GardenGerald
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2018, 08:13:13 PM »

Hello
Nine years ago today I was in Th Alex theatre watching Dreamboats and Petticoats.
What a musical, best ever. Who else has seen it.
I also like Ice Shows, some of he tricks are unbelievable.
Who has sung with a band backing them and how did it go.
Look forward to hearing fom you.
Gerald.
Edifi

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2018, 10:31:34 PM »

At school in the early 50s I was a policeman in the Pirates of Penzance.Apolicemanes lot is not a happen one.
townie
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2018, 12:57:50 PM »

When I was in junior school I remember playing a witch in Hansel and Gretel. I remember opening a pretend door for someone and that was the end of my acting (career)
Edifi

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2018, 01:48:14 PM »

Gerald,just seen your thread of the6 Mar.When I was 16 me and my brother formed a Skiffle group.I played the Tea Chest Bass my brother the Washboard with some chains sewn onto a pair of leather gloves.There was   a lad named  Stan who played Guitar,We called ourselves The Wreckers ,We made a good duet me and Stan singing Buddy Hollies Dream.Good days weren't they.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: