BIRMINGHAM AND SURROUNDING COUNTIES FORUM
January 22, 2018, 07:48:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Poetry D Jour by Beryl McMullen coming December, 2010

Notice: The forum is being looked after by Garden Gerald, Nick and Townie.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Music  (Read 26 times)
Hattie

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2018, 12:22:34 AM »

What music do you like? I'm into all music to be honest I prefer the radio to the TV.
townie
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 12:41:55 PM »

I love Reggae music + Late 60s early 70S and early 80s Pop
GardenGerald
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 03:15:21 PM »

Hello Hattie
I like the music we had in the fifties and sixties, when the music world changed. Some good music since then but a bit more selective.
Good stuff to loosen up the joints.
Went to a few dance classes but felt awkward when the teacher kept telling me to push my bottom in and make full contact
with the girl.
With Rock and Roll plus Jive just did what we wanted to and enjoyed it all.
We are very lucky to have been young people moving into that age from old style music. I well remember the Wind Up gramophone we had
with a picture of a dog on it.
Come on lets get Moovin and a Groovin again.. If only the bone joints would allow.
Shall we go Down Town.
Rock On
Gerald
Twm Sion

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 05:31:46 PM »

Hello Hattie, I have a wide taste in music. Heavy Rock, Punk, 60's and 70's music to a bit of classical. I think were so lucking to have the internet. I can listen to all types of music by just searching for it. Gone are the days when I would think back about a song, but never hear it.

The other night sitting listening to music on the ipad, I went from Barry White (The trouble with me), Abba (Dancing queen), Golden Earing (Radar love) Social Distortion (Nickles and Dimes) to Widor (Toccata) and a few others. I prefer Music to telly, and enjoy radio. I tend to listen to LBC speech radio mainly with a bit of Radio 4 and Radio 2

Twm Sion

RonD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 12:28:56 PM »

Hello Hattie,

Just like GG I still like to listen to the Rock n Roll of the late 1950s and the 1960s. The Everley Brothers, Fleetwood Mac and Duane Eddy were favourites and still are.
Much to my wife's disgust, I have always had a soft spot for Modern Jazz and Country Blues.

Internet has certainly been instrumental (if you will pardon the pun) in discovering all sorts of music that perhaps I wouldn't normally listen to. I recently found Alison Balsom, a beautiful classical trumpet player

I inherited a love of lighter classical music from my dad and go to as many concerts as I can afford. It usually means a drive to London.

Ron
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: