BIRMINGHAM AND SURROUNDING COUNTIES FORUM
July 18, 2018, 02:28:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Poetry D Jour by Beryl McMullen coming December, 2010

Notice: The forum is being looked after by Garden Gerald, Nick and Townie.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Political correctness  (Read 214 times)
Twm Sion

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2018, 10:21:32 PM »

Political correctness (PC) Has it gone over the top? Or is it that we are more offended these days? Every day something will jump out of the news paper, web site or in discussion about folks being offended by something or other.

The message was/is integration, tolerance of others, value diversity. Today I saw an article in the London Evening Standard about North Wales Police and their Christmas fry-up. There was bacon, sausages, eggs, beans, toast, etc. What I would call a full English( even though this was Wales). The North Wales police put a photo of this and the coppers tucking in, on their  Face Book page.

A complaint was made by a lady who was Vegan. Saying that this was insulting to Vegans. My first thought was get a life! Then I thought does this lady have a point.

So has PC gone very the top? Or are we more offended these days? Thoughts please

Twm Sion

GardenGerald
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 10:47:58 PM »

Hello TWM
Perhaps we are less tolerant. People now seem to have a view point and all people must agree with it.
When I was young all the people rubbed along together so where did all the racism come from.
We used to muck in together to raise money for deserving cases. We always got the lads with
dustbin lids to join with another  couple on guitars, someone on drums and another on piano and 3 of us trying to sing.
We would call it a fun sing song night and we always raised a few bob. Mrs Ellis from the West Indies
would tell us what hospital wanted help.
Now if people disagree with something they want to go to war.
I think society is on 3 levels, those at the top, those that believe they should be at the top and will do anything to get there
and those that enjoy life and get more out of life being happy were they are.
Must not forget those that will not accept the outcome of a vote. Brexit.
Sleep well
Gerald.
Edifi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 10:09:31 AM »

It's the protesters that get me,they always look scruffy and why don't they show their faces.They must have no love for anything.
Hattie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 12:03:00 AM »

Let people live & let live is my motto.
However, vegans do amaze me because I'm sure they drink water? Doesn't this harm the fish lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: