BIRMINGHAM AND SURROUNDING COUNTIES FORUM
October 23, 2018, 09:21:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Poetry D Jour by Beryl McMullen coming December, 2010

Notice: The forum is being looked after by Garden Gerald, Nick and Townie.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT  (Read 1193 times)
GardenGerald
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2017, 03:48:15 PM »

What would be your best Christmas present to get this Christmas.
Answers please
Gerald.
townie
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 08:43:28 AM »

Win the lottery The big one.
GardenGerald
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 03:38:03 PM »

Enjoy good health for the next year.
Take care
Gerald.
Edifi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 06:52:11 PM »

My old legs back,the ones I had up till 2009,still I'm not to bad health wise, keeping my fingers crossed
GardenGerald
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 01:16:47 PM »

Ho Ho Ho  Afternoon Everyone
Yesterday I went to see my Reindeers. They look really well and ready for the job on 25th December.
The nets were full of excellent quality hay and buckets of fresh spring water.
I almost forgot to tell you where they are. The field next to Evesham Golf Course.
Work to do. Ho Ho Ho
Father Christmas.
Edifi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 10:03:05 PM »

Gerald who looks after your Reindeers,you live a long way from them living in Sth Wales.Dont fall of your sleigh,take care edmund
GardenGerald
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 07:19:03 PM »

Hello Edmund
Every day I travel on the Reindeer express to feed and look after them. We will pass
over your house at 1.33am on Christmas morning. If you are outside I will drop you some of
Rudolphs finest to feed your Rhubarb. It will then be the best you have ever tasted.
Ho Ho Ho   Must go   Work to do
Father Christmas
townie
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 07:23:45 PM »

After you have passed Edmunds can you pass Tamworth and drop off some coloured notes that the bank will except Thank you.
Edifi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 07:09:45 PM »

GG thanks for the reply feels good to be back edmund
GardenGerald
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2017, 12:13:53 PM »

Hello Everyone
Job done for another year.
Merry Christmas and God Bless You All
Ho Ho Ho
Father Christmas
townie
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2017, 09:43:18 PM »

Merry Christmas to all our present members, and future members.
Edifi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2017, 03:44:20 PM »

Hi all hope you all had a good time at Xmas.Just thought about the time when I lived in Inkerman St at Xmas Father Xmas bought me a Concertina and my bedroom was in the attic,tried to come down the spiral staircase playing it with both hands in the straps,you might know missed my footing and fell all the way to the next landing,remember my dad saying ( it made a lovely sound you've learned to play it very quickly) .good old days.
townie
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2017, 04:11:10 PM »

Ive had a lot of Armani clothes very expensive but I'm worth it. Grin
Kandor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 03:02:18 PM »

When I was 7 my Dad gave me a metal Ray Gun, I had that gun for about a year, I loved it.
Originally it had a 2 inch spike coming out the middle of it but Mom made Dad cut it off as it was too dangerous, up to that time though, it was my best ever Christmas present.

The following year I had a gun and holster set whilst my brother Robert had a Davy Crockett Suit,
We looked a right pair of twits, me with a gun and holster set and Robert with the costume and no gun...but it didn't matter, I loved my gift, I really did.

When I was 8, I won a book token from the Tree Lovers league for a poem I'd written..I WAS so proud of that..
I lost it the same day I picked the award up from Baskerville House (Then the Ceylon Tea Centre) but it didn't matter, It was the best present ever.

The one year my brother John took me down to see a Mr Underwood and we collected a cowboy hat off him as one of my Christmas presents.
I SAW my brother put that hat up the chimney in the bedroom, yet when I sneaked a look 30 minutes later it was gone...that goddamned Santa was a stinking thief.

However he redeemed himself a few weeks later when I found under our Christmas tree alongside a box of paints and a colouring book..
THAT was my best Christmas up to date.

In 1962 my brother Pete was bought a Johnny 7 super gun, of course, me and my brother Robert got up before him, opened his present and shot him to bits but hey ho...that's big brothers for you.
When I was in Secondary School I was bought my first telescope, now THAT was my greatest EVER present..it took me away from Nechells and allowed me to see the stars.

The following year I was bought a pair of 16 x 50 Zeiss binoculars..oh wow..the whole world in my hands..I still look back on those binoculars with a deep longing.

Oh my God..I've been bought a Fidelity Tape recorder!..I spent that Christmas taping Top of the pops,
I recorded Tom Jones' 'The Green, green grass of Home, The Beach Boys with 'Good Vibrations' and Petula Clark's 'Downtown.
It WAS brilliant, my best Christmas EVER.

I remember when I was 17 getting my frst Levis, not only was I was the 'Bee's knees' I was now the Bee's armpits thrown in with it..at LAST..I was one of the crowd, what a Christmas!
1974..3 weeks after the Tavern, the Lord Mayors fund sent me 500 over 4 months wages to spend in time for Christmas..THIS was my best present ever..

It's 1977 and I've bought home a little cross Labrador/Wolfhound pup, we call her Polo, she becomes one of most treasured gifts ever, I am to spend the next 14 years loving her.
She dies in the January of 1992...she was the best present of my life.

Fast forward 20 years..I'm now the father of two girls...but this isn't about gifts you can't buy, this is about gifts you can..

I'm bought a 150mm Reflecting Telescope, it has a Barlow lens and the rings of Saturns and the bands of Jupiter lie open before me..
It was my BEST present...my best ever..

And,  as I look back on this long and sometimes lonely life, I think of all those wonderful gifts that have been given to me over the years..
And I would give up each and every single one..
I would erase every memory, every single moment..
If I could just have my Mom and Dad back with me for one more Christmas, just for a single day, one single day so I could tell them both I love them..
And that..
That Would be my greatest present.
Hattie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 11:00:41 PM »

It seems a long time ago since Christmas 🎄 2017. I was spoilt rotten lol. One of my many presents 🎁 was an Amazon Echo which is great fun for music, games, questions etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: