BIRMINGHAM AND SURROUNDING COUNTIES FORUM
July 16, 2018, 12:38:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Poetry D Jour by Beryl McMullen coming December, 2010

Notice: The forum is being looked after by Garden Gerald, Nick and Townie.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT BIRDS (WITH FEATHERS) and WILD LIFE DO YOU SEE WHERE YOU LIVE  (Read 1178 times)
GardenGerald
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2017, 05:50:27 PM »

Do you see any unusual birds or wildlife in your area.
Please let us see some pictures.
Keep snapping ,the camera that is.
Gerald.
Hattie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 02:28:30 PM »

Being seeing Robins lately I guess it's the time of year for them.
townie
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 02:31:13 PM »

A couple of months ago I saw 2 Bull finches in the garden never seen them before and probably never seen them again.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 02:51:41 PM by townie » Logged
GardenGerald
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 08:48:49 PM »

Hello Townie
We rarely see Bullfinches. On a daily basis the Woodpeckers come and feed. Recently Western Power came
to change our electric pole. I said it looks OK to me and the gentleman said I will show you when we take it down.
Slightly down from the top it was hollow, the woodpeckers had made a nest in it. The helecopter checking the poles had noticed it.
I thought we would not see the woodpeckers again but are working on the new pole.
Natures great, lets look after it.
Gerald.
Edifi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 03:20:30 PM »

G G we had 2 lovely blue dragon flys most of the summer,we have now got the wren,robin and the blue and coal tits returning.
Twm Sion

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 06:24:51 PM »

Got quite an assortment of birds around here. Regular visitors are Red Kite, Buzzard, kestrel I also saw for the first time a Merlin a couple of weeks ago. At night I can hear the male and female Tawny Owl.

Visiting my place this time of year are Blue and Great Tits, Dunnocks, Hedge Sparrows, Wrens,  Great Spotted Woodpecker, Black Birds, Robins, Jays, Jackdaws, Magpies, Starlings (still here),

There are Badgers near by and a few Foxes. Not seen a Hedgehog for many years. Lizards basking in the summer months and occasional Slow worm.
Twm Sion

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 07:34:04 PM »

G G we had 2 lovely blue dragon flys most of the summer,we have now got the wren,robin and the blue and coal tits returning.
Edifi, you really know summer has arrived when you see dragon flies. Have you ever been to Heaver Castle?
Twm Sion
GardenGerald
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 07:49:14 PM »

Hello Twm
The feathers I would like to see go on this forum are the pink and yellow stripes on the front page.
Got any ideas how to remove them.
Gerald.
Twm Sion

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 09:18:27 PM »

Don't know Gerald, looks like a long screwdriver in the back of the set job! I'll make enquiries

Twn Sion
townie
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 01:37:54 PM »

Has anyone ordered one of these bird packs that are advertised on the tele for free? I'm thinking about it but is it a catch and you have to sign up to sponsor something or other.
Edifi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 03:44:07 PM »

TWM SION ,been to Hever about 4 times lovely place,they do a jousting tournament in the summer very good to watch.
Twm Sion

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 07:16:41 PM »

TWM SION ,been to Hever about 4 times lovely place,they do a jousting tournament in the summer very good to watch.
I went there once when working nearby. It was the month of June and the dragonflies were around, young fish in the lake too. It reminded me of an enchanted garden. Such a beautiful place.
Hattie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 11:57:59 PM »

I don't see unusual birds but I love seeing the robin and on occasions there are two.
Edifi

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2018, 10:02:40 AM »

Love to sit and watch the Coal and Blue Tits on the feeders,they come each morning At about 10 ,also the wren,the blackbirds like to turn over all the leaves its nice to watch.
Twm Sion

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2018, 05:34:46 PM »

The days are lengthening slightly, although still cold. I am starting to hear a bit of bird song. The Jays and the Jackdaws are squabbling too, probably over nest sites for the spring. 
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: