BIRMINGHAM AND SURROUNDING COUNTIES FORUM
December 14, 2017, 05:11:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Poetry D Jour by Beryl McMullen coming December, 2010

Notice: The forum is being looked after by Garden Gerald, Nick and Townie.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PUBLIC TRANSPORT  (Read 51 times)
GardenGerald
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2017, 05:39:29 PM »

Hello Everyone
What do you think of Public Transport, is it better or worse that it was 20
years ago.
Love to hear from you
Gerald.
nickcc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 07:48:23 PM »

Depends where you live.  Here in Corwall we always received all the old cast offs from the rest of the country but this week I used one of the new Tinner buses, what a difference I thought from the old Bristol VR double deckers especially for the passengers, no heating, driver couldn't see where he was going as no demisters and more rattles than a rattle snake.  Funnily enough we passed one of the new buses broken down on the opposite side of the road, when I asked our driver what he thought of the new buses he expressed his opinion in words I couldn't possibly repeat here.  We rarely use the bus service as I prefer to get to my destinations in a shorter time as possible so use my car, not environmentally friendly but we all have a limited time on this earth.  I spent five years driving for our local bus company a few years ago and you wouldn't believe the rubbish they expect the drivers and passengers to put up with.

Nick
Hattie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 02:24:28 PM »

Lived in Birmingham/Solihull until about 3 years ago public transport was good although very uncivilised had to have correct change stand up before your stop or you'd miss it bus goes so fast you often get thrown around lol. Living in Tamworth bus not so regular but you can pay with a note and get change not aloud to stand until bus stops and it doesn't pull off until everybody is seated so much more civilised. I've always said "I want to get to my destination in peace NOT in pieces".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: