BIRMINGHAM AND SURROUNDING COUNTIES FORUM
July 20, 2018, 10:35:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Poetry D Jour by Beryl McMullen coming December, 2010

Notice: The forum is being looked after by Garden Gerald, Nick and Townie.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT ARE YOUR COUNCIL SERVICES LIKE  (Read 650 times)
GardenGerald
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2017, 11:52:59 AM »

Are you pleased with your council collecting rubbish once a month. Will we get more rats
and what about the smell and flies.
Take care
Gerald.
nickcc
Spam Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 04:29:16 PM »

Pleased to say that our household waste is still collected weekly, recycling fortnightly and Garden waste also fortnightly.  Our bin men are very good and take any black bags left out for them, no wheelie bins here.  We don't yet have waste food collection but found it really messy when on holiday in Dorset two years ago.

Nick
Hattie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 02:35:54 PM »

I work for the council cleaning the flats I must say I spend the majority of my time in the bin area the bins are emptied on alternative weeks blue bins is recycling black bins waste. The tenants are either uneducated or lazy everything seems to be in the black bins, hence why I'm usually in the bin area. Therefore cannot blame the council for folks laziness.
GardenGerald
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 07:47:47 PM »

Hello Hattie
How will people cope now that waste has got to be divided into more bags and bins.
Do they understand the rules or are they just idle.
More waste is now going to be used to generate electricity.
We might also see more coal burning generators as a large mine is going to re-open in Wales.
Waste and coal could produce  lot of electricity that would reduce our imports.
Take care and best wishes
Gerald.
Edifi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 10:32:37 PM »

Gerald,are all council leaders thick,stop them being payed a wage like they were years ago,and stop this expenses lark.Just look at the latest NHS credit card thing
Twm Sion

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 07:30:48 PM »

The recycling can be a pain. It's not the sorting, just the disposing of it. As I live off the beaten track I would have to take my recycling about half a mile, to be on the roadside for 7AM on collection day. The stuff has to be left on the main road which is quite a fast road, therefore the rubbish gets blown all over the place from the traffic, plus we have high winds in this area.

Rather than sit and moan about, I save it up until I'm heading to town (20 mile away) and take it to the recycling facility. There used to be a recycling centre in the town 7 miles away, they closed this to save money about 6 months ago.

I do wonder though if this recycling period we are going through uses more resources in the long run?

Twm
Edifi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 02:37:49 PM »

We have a new game down here in Kent,it's not called Dot to Dot it's called Pot to Pot.You would be surprise how quick you can get from A Z following the potholes
Twm Sion

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 07:41:57 PM »

Edifi, the roads are in a terrible mess. Around my neck of the woods they have been neglected for years. The amount of lanes that were impassible in the recent frost was incredible. All the drains and gutters blocked, so water pouring across the roads and freezing.

It does make you wonder where all the money they take off the motorist goes.

Twm
townie
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 05:13:50 PM »

I live in Tamworth where the roads here are in a terrible state, Pot holes are getting deeper and spreading like the pneumonic plague. Up till now I have never seen anyone repairing them. I would like to know what these people who are responsible for repairs doing?
Surely if you pay your road tax to the DVLA they must take part of the responsibility and not leave it all to the local councils.
Why don't we pay our road tax direct to our local council? You would then see repairs galore, but saying that if they built or repaired the roads correctly in the first place they wouldn't have to dig them up every 5 minutes. (Well every 5 mins being a joke.)     
GardenGerald
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 05:53:21 PM »

Hello Townie
We are all in the same boat. Pembrokeshire had the biggest Council Tax rise in Wales.
I feel sure a great deal of money is spent on Tea and Coffee.
In Wales School Playgrounds repaired in the recent holiday have fallen to bits and are now in
such a dangerous condition the Children have no play time outside.
We waste so much on stupid schemes. Bridge Street, Haverfordwest is a pollution risk. Very
odd its a traffic free zone.
Lots of very good causes need help but are not getting it.
Common sense is a forgotten quality in management.
Lets hoist the flag and really start telling Daisy May to get things sorted out.
Gerald
Edifi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 11:41:49 AM »

You forgot the biscuits and crisps,Gerald.
GardenGerald
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2018, 05:40:19 PM »

Election Results
What did you all make of yesterdays election results.
Gerald
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: