BIRMINGHAM AND SURROUNDING COUNTIES FORUM
December 14, 2017, 05:11:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Poetry D Jour by Beryl McMullen coming December, 2010

Notice: The forum is being looked after by Garden Gerald, Nick and Townie.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DAY TRIPS  (Read 67 times)
GardenGerald
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2017, 11:42:10 AM »

What was the best and what was the worst day trip you have been.
Lets be hearing from you.
Best wishes
Gerald.
nickcc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 04:22:59 PM »

The only day trips I've been on was way back in the sixties and only then because I used to drive the coach.  Weston and Cheddar were very popular as not too far away and nice beaches with entertainment.  Rhyl, Colwyn bay and Llandudno were also very popular but not on Sunday's if I remember correctly.  We often go on continental coach tours nowadays but the obvious (to me) backhanders tend to aggravate me now.

Nick
Hattie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 02:03:37 PM »

Both my parents worked even in the summer holidays and my friend and I would book day trips with Bowens in our local newsagents (didn't even get questioned and we were only 13) our parents wasn't even aware we were going. We went to Rhyl, Barry Island and of course Weston-Super-Mare. We had great fun and seemed to have plenty of money to spend. However one of these trips turned out to be awful, we took our friend who was only 11 and her parents were not aware their daughter was in Rhyl instead of Birmingham. There was a swimming baths there with a wave machine she kept going under and nearly drowned a life guard had to get her out then asked where her parents were, we explained we were alone as you can imagine we got into a lot of trouble when the coach pulled up at the Happy Trooper pub all parents were waiting!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: