BIRMINGHAM AND SURROUNDING COUNTIES FORUM
December 12, 2017, 11:49:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Poetry D Jour by Beryl McMullen coming December, 2010

Notice: The forum is being looked after by Garden Gerald, Nick and Townie.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum  (Read 3796 times)
townie
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2015, 06:08:31 PM »

Once again I would like to ask the owner of this forum what are his intensions. I can help, I have offered before. I know what this forum needs to be as good as others if not better.
townie
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 10:08:25 PM »

Once again I would like to ask the owner of this forum what are his intensions. I can help, I have offered before. I know what this forum needs to be as good as others if not better.

Is there anyone who owns this forum, someone must know. I am here to help if you need.
nickcc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 09:08:40 AM »

Hope you're not getting fed up with all the game posts on the other forum Smiley. It still amazes me how this forum still exists even though it'll be a shame if it closes.

Nick
townie
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 03:03:45 PM »

Nick as are probably aware I don't do game posts, This is probably why I am on moderation apart from a few other things. The reason I asked the question was, I wouldn't like the forum to close. I did put lots of suggestion to the owner to encourage new and old members to get back on the forum but heard nothing. Also Nick I think it is you who is keeping this forum alive.     
nickcc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 03:16:01 PM »

It's such a shame we don't get new members, to be honest one of the other Birmingham forums also seems to be declining in posts, mainly because many existing members are now posting on Facebook.  I'm also happy to keep the forum going but my contribution is very little, Chessey contributes the most and I just comment on those posts.

When we occasionally get new members, who naturally need assistance, our lack of knowledge must be putting them off from returning.  We obviously need fresh blood but how we can make this happen I really don't know.

Nick
townie
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 03:38:22 PM »

It doesn't make any difference whether you get one or ten new members a day. All you have to do is be on line, if you are running a forum you should be. 
nickcc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 06:54:11 PM »

I believe the Forum owner has given up, sad to say but this seems to be the case.  Perhaps if we could all talk about regenerating the forum maybe we could make it work.

Nick
townie
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 07:13:50 PM »

Nick lets go for it, if you want we can work it out with cheesy we can make it happen. I will contact all the old members as we still have some Email address. Why not give it a go. I think cheesy will feel the same.     
nickcc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 07:17:59 PM »

Works for me, would be nice to see the forum working again. 

Nick
townie
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 07:56:58 PM »

So Nick Where to we start? I suggest change the name delete all the past. Begin from phase one. I will post every topic you want.
Lets give it a go im behind you 100%. Lets get the members back and more. If you don't try you will never know.
Chessy
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 09:17:42 PM »

Townie

The name is Chessy and unless you refer to me as such I shan't  be replying to anything you post
nickcc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 09:05:25 AM »

Sorry about adding the extra "e" Smiley

Nick
townie
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2015, 09:31:22 AM »

Townie

The name is Chessy and unless you refer to me as such I shan't  be replying to anything you post

Sorry no need for that, I must have hit the e letter instead of the s I do apologise, but its up to you whether you reply or not. 
nickcc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 07:20:32 PM »

So Nick Where to we start? I suggest change the name delete all the past. Begin from phase one. I will post every topic you want.
Lets give it a go im behind you 100%. Lets get the members back and more. If you don't try you will never know.
Sorry Townie I don't have any control how the Forum operates as I just remove all the Spam post and ban spammers.  You still need to make contact with the Forum owner, unfortunately I have no access to this information.

Nick
townie
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2015, 10:48:54 PM »

Nick I can understand that you are so dedicated to this forum anyone can see that. So why hasn't the owner appreciated your work? Lets hope that the owner contacts you to make an offer. Whoever he/she is.   
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: