BIRMINGHAM AND SURROUNDING COUNTIES FORUM
December 16, 2017, 01:40:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Poetry D Jour by Beryl McMullen coming December, 2010

Notice: The forum is being looked after by Garden Gerald, Nick and Townie.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Erdington video  (Read 5041 times)
Terrypin

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2013, 04:06:45 PM »

Hi,

First post.

Here's a video I've uploaded to YouTube which might be of interest, especially to those like me who were brought up in the 40s and 50s in Erdington.

http://youtu.be/d5-xH5wXc_0

Remember to change the display settings to HD quality (720) using the little gear wheel, and to open at full screen size.

I compiled it by taking extracts from a longer DVD that I made about 12 years ago, the start of a compulsive hobby, undiminished today. Apart from the very last section, the still photo originals are mainly from books borrowed via post from Birmingham Central Library. I'm hope I'm not breaking some copyright rules with either my images or music tracks!

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
nickcc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 07:32:37 PM »

Welcome to the Forum, unfortunately your video can't be viewed on my ipad so looks like i'll have to dust off the laptop.

Nick
Terrypin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 09:17:11 PM »

Hi Nick,

I found the same on my own iPad, which is odd as I view YT videos quite often on it. Maybe something to do with its relatively large size (about 23 mins)?

--
nickcc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 07:55:33 AM »

Hello Terry

It says something like owner hasn't given permission to view on this device, whatever that means.  I've also usually had no problems with YT but this does sometimes crop up with other videos.  Will try and find the laptop later today and enjoy your video.

Nick
Terrypin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 06:38:35 AM »

Very quiet here!

Anyone actually seen the video (on their PC or laptop)?

--
Aaron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 01:38:44 AM »

Hi Terrypin, welcome to the forum ....

I am watching the video .... and just paused it to say, the pictures of Erdington are great and it's an excellent backing track accompanying it ....

Well done ...!
Terrypin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 07:41:07 AM »

Thanks Aaron.

Some people are unable to access the YouTube video, getting a message about copyright (some of those old music tracks presumably). I've now uploaded it to my Vimeo site and so far haven't heard of any similar problem.

Erdington Recalled
http://vimeo.com/73024906

nickcc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 08:16:28 AM »

Thanks Terry that works a treat.  Brings back memories of one of our part time drivers, back in the middle sixties when I worked for Stockland Coaches, who was also an Ambulance driver, his proud boast was driving through Erdington high st on a Saturday with the blues and two's on even when he wasn't on an emergency call, he also drove the coaches in much the same way.

Nick
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: