BIRMINGHAM AND SURROUNDING COUNTIES FORUM
December 16, 2017, 01:34:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Poetry D Jour by Beryl McMullen coming December, 2010

Notice: The forum is being looked after by Garden Gerald, Nick and Townie.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Navigate The Forum Made Simple  (Read 5074 times)
Aaron
« on: December 01, 2010, 05:41:07 PM »

Hello and welcome to Birmingham and Suburbs Forum

I am going to simply explain the workings of the forum, so that you can get to grips with it quickly ....

First of all I would like to tell all guests who are reading this, that to view all of the photos and attachments you must be a member.

Once you become a member you will be have full access to the forum ....

1. There are 28 Catagories or Headings down the left of the Home Page .... to click on ...?

2. Over to the right are the Topics belonging to those Catagory/Headings. Displayed is the current one in use ....

Click on that, if it interests you .... or simply choose a different Catagory/Heading and click on that to see all the Topics listed.

The one shown at the top is the current one being used .... and so on and    

3. There are 2015 Topics for you to look at and this figure is growing daily .... There are nearly 29,000 posts already made, by 220 members.

4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see .... " View the most recent posts to the forum "

You can click on that to see the recent 10 pages listed backwards ....

However this area doesn't show the pictures and attachments. You are better clicking on the Topic for this, which is also accessible from there.

5. In the same area you will see " Users and Guests " If you click on that, you will be able to see a graph with all the current Users and

Guests who are online and what Topics or Catagory/Headings they are looking at ....

The Forum STATS are just above that. If you click on any month it will expand to show the amount of posts for individual days ....

To be continued ....
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 03:25:31 PM by Aaron » Logged
colbayl
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 05:49:56 PM »

Smiley Well done Aaron this is what myself and John Kirwan needs to be able to know what we are doing on here. Thanks!  Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Kiss
Aaron
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 06:08:18 PM »

You're very welcome Colette, you know that .... I will add some more as soon as I can ....
JENNY
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 02:01:00 PM »

how to put photo's on my page

* 2582_59577668415_646243415_1527075_6197206_n.jpg (56.1 KB, 440x603 - viewed 382 times.)

* Mother & Father-in-laws wedding..jpg (1528.56 KB, 1700x2338 - viewed 405 times.)
sheldonboy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 08:34:08 PM »

Thanks for help with the instructions Aaron although the forum works well anyway. I am Sheldonboy, I have lived in the Sheldon Birmingham area most of my life. I work in the Printing Trade and have strong interests in Birmingham. I look forward to getting to know you all. I belong to another Brummie Forum but it's nice to have somewhere else to escape to.
Aaron
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 12:55:20 AM »

Hello Sheldonboy, you're very welcome. I recognise that name from somewhere? I have been missing off the forum for sometime now but keep it going for those that want it .... It could also do with new members to rejuvenate it and get it going again .... 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: